Lord Echo "Digital Haircut"
Under his Lord Echo moniker, New Zealand producer and multi-instrumentalist Mike Fabulous has a knack for cramming together his disparate influences of jazz, boogie, and deep house by balancing uptempo trots with soaring melodic lines swathed in spongy reverb. "Digital Haircut" is the a-side from his latest single, a track which boasts bouncy beats and kaleidoscopic, nostalgia-tinged synths as it applys staccato trumpet stabs to its boogie-sourced groove. An ecstatic melody weaves its way around sampled guitar riffs and busy basslines before Lord Echo ends his track in emphatically abrupt strut and pose.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player