Lord Echo "Digital Haircut"
Under his Lord Echo moniker, New Zealand producer and multi-instrumentalist Mike Fabulous has a knack for cramming together his disparate influences of jazz, boogie, and deep house by balancing uptempo trots with soaring melodic lines swathed in spongy reverb. "Digital Haircut" is the a-side from his latest single, a track which boasts bouncy beats and kaleidoscopic, nostalgia-tinged synths as it applys staccato trumpet stabs to its boogie-sourced groove. An ecstatic melody weaves its way around sampled guitar riffs and busy basslines before Lord Echo ends his track in emphatically abrupt strut and pose.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
XLR8R Downloads Player