Lord Echo "Digital Haircut"
Under his Lord Echo moniker, New Zealand producer and multi-instrumentalist Mike Fabulous has a knack for cramming together his disparate influences of jazz, boogie, and deep house by balancing uptempo trots with soaring melodic lines swathed in spongy reverb. "Digital Haircut" is the a-side from his latest single, a track which boasts bouncy beats and kaleidoscopic, nostalgia-tinged synths as it applys staccato trumpet stabs to its boogie-sourced groove. An ecstatic melody weaves its way around sampled guitar riffs and busy basslines before Lord Echo ends his track in emphatically abrupt strut and pose.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- FeatureGet Familiar: thePeople
XLR8R Downloads Player