Lord Echo "Digital Haircut"
Under his Lord Echo moniker, New Zealand producer and multi-instrumentalist Mike Fabulous has a knack for cramming together his disparate influences of jazz, boogie, and deep house by balancing uptempo trots with soaring melodic lines swathed in spongy reverb. "Digital Haircut" is the a-side from his latest single, a track which boasts bouncy beats and kaleidoscopic, nostalgia-tinged synths as it applys staccato trumpet stabs to its boogie-sourced groove. An ecstatic melody weaves its way around sampled guitar riffs and busy basslines before Lord Echo ends his track in emphatically abrupt strut and pose.
- NewsGroundislava Details Upcoming LP for Friends of Friends
- MP3Alcides "Violeta (El Remolón Remix)"
- MP3Matti Turunen "Cryosleep"
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsLuckyMe Celebrates the Holidays with Audio Advent Calendar
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player