Lord Echo "Digital Haircut"
Under his Lord Echo moniker, New Zealand producer and multi-instrumentalist Mike Fabulous has a knack for cramming together his disparate influences of jazz, boogie, and deep house by balancing uptempo trots with soaring melodic lines swathed in spongy reverb. "Digital Haircut" is the a-side from his latest single, a track which boasts bouncy beats and kaleidoscopic, nostalgia-tinged synths as it applys staccato trumpet stabs to its boogie-sourced groove. An ecstatic melody weaves its way around sampled guitar riffs and busy basslines before Lord Echo ends his track in emphatically abrupt strut and pose.
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- FeaturePachanga, Pantha du Prince, and a Japanese Drone Dance: 10 Reasons We Loved MUTEK.MX 2014
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
XLR8R Downloads Player