Black Beacon Sound "Girl, If"
- Words: Leo Maymind
Last time we checked in with Oakland producer Dave Reep, he had just shared "Microcomposer," a track we described as settling into the gaps between the "propulsive throb of techno and dark drive of the many splintering strands of UK bass music." Reep's latest offering under his Black Beacon Sound alias, a seven-track EP entitled Distance, finds him covering even more ground, dragging a fair amount of dust and debris along for the ride. Featured here, "Girl, If" tags a side-chained loop of static with a submerged vocal and a filtered 2-step beat that climbs out from underneath the murk. A staccato piano riff eventually joins the mix, adding another layer of hypnotism to the rolling track. The rest of Black Beacon Sound's Distance EP can be nabbed as a "name-your-price" download over at the producer's Bandcamp.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player