Headlock "High Beams"
New York-based artist Lou DiBenedetto (a.k.a. Headlock) will inaugurate the city's budding Sci-Fi & Fantasy label with its first LP release on October 29. Headlock's self-titled debut is a pool of ambient improvisations that intentionally shy from drum sounds, samples, and vocals in favor of pure synth explorations. Taken from that release, "High Beams" ebbs and flows in a slow morass of fleeting pads, creating a wistful, reflective mood that sounds resigned to the world's disorder. With the piece, DiBenedetto reflects an endgame state of history, but one that could also be a beginning. The artwork and tracklist for Headlock can be perused after the jump.
5. High Beams
8. Last Track of All Last Tracks
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player