Headlock "High Beams"
New York-based artist Lou DiBenedetto (a.k.a. Headlock) will inaugurate the city's budding Sci-Fi & Fantasy label with its first LP release on October 29. Headlock's self-titled debut is a pool of ambient improvisations that intentionally shy from drum sounds, samples, and vocals in favor of pure synth explorations. Taken from that release, "High Beams" ebbs and flows in a slow morass of fleeting pads, creating a wistful, reflective mood that sounds resigned to the world's disorder. With the piece, DiBenedetto reflects an endgame state of history, but one that could also be a beginning. The artwork and tracklist for Headlock can be perused after the jump.
5. High Beams
8. Last Track of All Last Tracks
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player