Headlock "High Beams"
New York-based artist Lou DiBenedetto (a.k.a. Headlock) will inaugurate the city's budding Sci-Fi & Fantasy label with its first LP release on October 29. Headlock's self-titled debut is a pool of ambient improvisations that intentionally shy from drum sounds, samples, and vocals in favor of pure synth explorations. Taken from that release, "High Beams" ebbs and flows in a slow morass of fleeting pads, creating a wistful, reflective mood that sounds resigned to the world's disorder. With the piece, DiBenedetto reflects an endgame state of history, but one that could also be a beginning. The artwork and tracklist for Headlock can be perused after the jump.
5. High Beams
8. Last Track of All Last Tracks
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player