Headlock "High Beams"
New York-based artist Lou DiBenedetto (a.k.a. Headlock) will inaugurate the city's budding Sci-Fi & Fantasy label with its first LP release on October 29. Headlock's self-titled debut is a pool of ambient improvisations that intentionally shy from drum sounds, samples, and vocals in favor of pure synth explorations. Taken from that release, "High Beams" ebbs and flows in a slow morass of fleeting pads, creating a wistful, reflective mood that sounds resigned to the world's disorder. With the piece, DiBenedetto reflects an endgame state of history, but one that could also be a beginning. The artwork and tracklist for Headlock can be perused after the jump.
5. High Beams
8. Last Track of All Last Tracks
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player