Howson's Groove "I Wonder..."
South East London duo Howson's Groove might be a new name to most, but its upcoming Blithe EP for UK label Chasing Unicorns already demonstrates a wealth of well-executed ideas. Featured here, "I Wonder..." is a particularly liquid track from the release which manages to split the difference between the wrinkly funk of Letherette and the stop-start rhythmic lurching of fellow newcomer Jaw Jam. Howson's Groove subjugates a deep, um, groove with cowering synths that spin with just the right amount of wobble and a vocal sample that is always just slightly out of earshot.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player