Paul Raffaele "Isabelle"
It's always exciting to hear tracks from fresh producers, but there's a certain fulfillment that comes with hearing a veteran DJ dip into the production world with solid results. One such case is Paul Raffaele, who has spent a considerable amount of time behind the decks in rooms around New York City as co-founder and resident DJ of the now-defunct (but highly revered) Dog & Pony Show party, and is now creating his own tracks. Resting in the narrow middle ground between retro and modern, "Isabelle"—a cut from an upcoming 12" for local label Plant—proves that Raffaele already has the personality and special touch necessary to move a crowd.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player