Paul Raffaele "Isabelle"
It's always exciting to hear tracks from fresh producers, but there's a certain fulfillment that comes with hearing a veteran DJ dip into the production world with solid results. One such case is Paul Raffaele, who has spent a considerable amount of time behind the decks in rooms around New York City as co-founder and resident DJ of the now-defunct (but highly revered) Dog & Pony Show party, and is now creating his own tracks. Resting in the narrow middle ground between retro and modern, "Isabelle"—a cut from an upcoming 12" for local label Plant—proves that Raffaele already has the personality and special touch necessary to move a crowd.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
XLR8R Downloads Player