Ukkonen "Kayamanu Divided"
Ukkonen is a Finnish producer who has made himself somewhat scarce since bubbling into our peripheral with a handful of remixes and tracks for various compilations and esoteric labels. Next month, Ukkonen will deliver his sophomore LP The Ancient Tonalities of… via No Pain in Pop, a 10-track affair that is said to be "built on two central themes: adulation and respect for influence and tradition, and a pressing desire to contribute something 'new' to music." Appearing towards the end of Ukkonen's forthcoming album, "Kayamanu Divided" is an intriguing preview of what the producer has in store, landing somewhere in between the tender ends of house and techno with its interlocked layers, bubbling synths, sparse bells, and skipping-but-understated rhythms. The eight-minute track is both patient and majestic, and is certainly interesting enough to leave us anticipating the man's forthcoming The Ancient Tonalities of… album, set to drop on December 2.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player