Marcellus Pittman "Make It Work"
Following the label's highly sought-after In the Dark: In the Soul of Detroit collection from 2005, Still Music will issue the double-disc In The Dark: Detroit Is Back compilation later this month. The 24-track release will provide an insider's view into the current sounds of the fabled Midwest city with tracks from Terrence Dixon, Patrice Scott, Rick Wilhite, and many others. "Make It Work" is Marcellus Pittman's contribution to the effort, one that finds the veteran DJ/producer piecing together a loosely swung house track in which languid synthlines run free amongst beds of deep, filtered chords and slow-rising strings. Pittman's production embodies the kind of raw, soul-steeped Detroit sound Still Music will deliver two-discs of when In The Dark: Detroit Is Back drops on October 29.
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player