Abstraxion "Moon (PVT Remix)"
London-based producer Abstraxion (a.k.a. Harold Boué) has a full-length in the works called Break of Lights, with the recently debuted tech-funk single "Moon" ushering in the artist's new direction. On that record's flip, experimental Sydney trio PVT overloads "Moon" with cosmic arpeggios, like some supernatural offspring of Oneohtrix Point Never's Juno worship and Martyn's retro-futurism. While OPN may have a monopoly on this particular brand of synth meditation now, PVT incorporates more percussive elements than he ever did in his Rifts phase, weaving the rapidly ascending chords in and out of each other on a through line of snare buildups and light kicks.
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsWatch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
XLR8R Downloads Player