Abstraxion "Moon (PVT Remix)"
London-based producer Abstraxion (a.k.a. Harold Boué) has a full-length in the works called Break of Lights, with the recently debuted tech-funk single "Moon" ushering in the artist's new direction. On that record's flip, experimental Sydney trio PVT overloads "Moon" with cosmic arpeggios, like some supernatural offspring of Oneohtrix Point Never's Juno worship and Martyn's retro-futurism. While OPN may have a monopoly on this particular brand of synth meditation now, PVT incorporates more percussive elements than he ever did in his Rifts phase, weaving the rapidly ascending chords in and out of each other on a through line of snare buildups and light kicks.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
XLR8R Downloads Player