Abstraxion "Moon (PVT Remix)"
London-based producer Abstraxion (a.k.a. Harold Boué) has a full-length in the works called Break of Lights, with the recently debuted tech-funk single "Moon" ushering in the artist's new direction. On that record's flip, experimental Sydney trio PVT overloads "Moon" with cosmic arpeggios, like some supernatural offspring of Oneohtrix Point Never's Juno worship and Martyn's retro-futurism. While OPN may have a monopoly on this particular brand of synth meditation now, PVT incorporates more percussive elements than he ever did in his Rifts phase, weaving the rapidly ascending chords in and out of each other on a through line of snare buildups and light kicks.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsListen to a New Mix from Lucrecia Dalt
XLR8R Downloads Player