Abstraxion "Moon (PVT Remix)"
London-based producer Abstraxion (a.k.a. Harold Boué) has a full-length in the works called Break of Lights, with the recently debuted tech-funk single "Moon" ushering in the artist's new direction. On that record's flip, experimental Sydney trio PVT overloads "Moon" with cosmic arpeggios, like some supernatural offspring of Oneohtrix Point Never's Juno worship and Martyn's retro-futurism. While OPN may have a monopoly on this particular brand of synth meditation now, PVT incorporates more percussive elements than he ever did in his Rifts phase, weaving the rapidly ascending chords in and out of each other on a through line of snare buildups and light kicks.
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsListen to Bodhi's New Single for Ten Thousand Yen
XLR8R Downloads Player