Robinn "Plastic People"
The debut LP from London producer Robinn, Multiphonia, is set to drop via German imprint Compost this Friday, but before then, we've been treated to "Plastic People." The texturally rich track—likely inspired by the London club of the same name—takes shape as a slightly jazz-touched procession, one which focuses on its rhythmic swing while building a dense assemblage of subtle noise, revolving bell melodies, inhuman vocal chops, and runs of distant synths. There are definitely some echoes of Four Tet to be heard (another producer who took particular inspiration from Plastic People), but Robinn lets his own personality shine through on "Plastic People," particularly in the almost dub-wise bassline that creeps in just over halfway through the effort. Before Robinn's Multiphonia sees its official release on October 4, a preview stream can be heard by those who follow the jump.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player