Erosion Flow "Power City Motives"
- Words: Chris Kokiousis
- Photo: Daniel Hjorth
Danish producer Erosion Flow (a.k.a. Henrik Koefod) recently signed to George FitzGerald's rising ManMakeMusic label, and is giving us the pleasure of premiering an outtake before his debut EP drops early next year. "Power City Motives" is an unvarnished slab of gritty house, with each carefully chosen sonic element banded together for maximum rhythmic impact. Bass rules on this cut—the kick drum, sub frequencies, and other low-end textures dominate the mix as hyped-up vocal samples recite Koefod's "straight-up" intentions.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- MP3Shiva "Dark Moon"
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player