Erosion Flow "Power City Motives"
- Words: Chris Kokiousis
- Photo: Daniel Hjorth
Danish producer Erosion Flow (a.k.a. Henrik Koefod) recently signed to George FitzGerald's rising ManMakeMusic label, and is giving us the pleasure of premiering an outtake before his debut EP drops early next year. "Power City Motives" is an unvarnished slab of gritty house, with each carefully chosen sonic element banded together for maximum rhythmic impact. Bass rules on this cut—the kick drum, sub frequencies, and other low-end textures dominate the mix as hyped-up vocal samples recite Koefod's "straight-up" intentions.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player