Allmostt "Rice & Peas (Crown Duels Remix)"
Birmingham producers Tom Durnford and Rob Tanzy (a.k.a Crown Duels) are clearly familiar with the technique required to make a track's low end feel punishing. Taken from Southampton beatmaker Allmostt's upcoming single for Meanbucket (available exclusively on Juno as of October 28), Crown Duels turn in a remix of the titular track that not only injects the original tune with a dynamic 2-step shuffle, but also drags it out into the streets, only letting a dancehall-sourced vocal snippet inject the production with some much-needed air. Some carefully placed bits of backwards percussion and dark chords bolster the allure of "Rice & Peas (Crown Duels Remix)" even more, helping give the track's low and high frequency ranges plenty of interesting sounds.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player