Allmostt "Rice & Peas (Crown Duels Remix)"
Birmingham producers Tom Durnford and Rob Tanzy (a.k.a Crown Duels) are clearly familiar with the technique required to make a track's low end feel punishing. Taken from Southampton beatmaker Allmostt's upcoming single for Meanbucket (available exclusively on Juno as of October 28), Crown Duels turn in a remix of the titular track that not only injects the original tune with a dynamic 2-step shuffle, but also drags it out into the streets, only letting a dancehall-sourced vocal snippet inject the production with some much-needed air. Some carefully placed bits of backwards percussion and dark chords bolster the allure of "Rice & Peas (Crown Duels Remix)" even more, helping give the track's low and high frequency ranges plenty of interesting sounds.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player