Vjuan Allure "The Rippperrr"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Vjuan Allure, a DC-based producer/DJ and originator of the current vogue/ballroom production scene (our 2011 article about which can still be read here), has dropped a new EP this week for the (somewhat unfortunately named) Hot Mom USA label. To help spread word of the five-track Bandit EP's release, Vjuan Allure has passed along non-EP cut "The Rippperrr," a characteristically no-nonsense slice of floor-focused, ballroom-ready music full of sharp rhythms, unrelenting percussion, growling synth-bass, and the occasional vocal chop thrown in for good measure. Along with this download from the fem vogue pioneer, a preview of the Bandit EP (which includes a remix of its title track from Distal) can be streamed after the jump.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player