Vjuan Allure "The Rippperrr"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Vjuan Allure, a DC-based producer/DJ and originator of the current vogue/ballroom production scene (our 2011 article about which can still be read here), has dropped a new EP this week for the (somewhat unfortunately named) Hot Mom USA label. To help spread word of the five-track Bandit EP's release, Vjuan Allure has passed along non-EP cut "The Rippperrr," a characteristically no-nonsense slice of floor-focused, ballroom-ready music full of sharp rhythms, unrelenting percussion, growling synth-bass, and the occasional vocal chop thrown in for good measure. Along with this download from the fem vogue pioneer, a preview of the Bandit EP (which includes a remix of its title track from Distal) can be streamed after the jump.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player