Rochelle Jordan "Shotgun (Marquis Hawkes Remix)"
- Words: Chris Kokiousis
Enigmatic Berlin producer Marquis Hawkes (pictured above) has been releasing quality house music throughout the year—with an upcoming EP for Dixon Avenue Basement Jams on the way—and today we're pleased to share the artist's remix of "Shotgun," by Toronto singer Rochelle Jordan. Originally enlisted to create the remix for Jacques Green's Vase label, the acid-influenced house track is surfacing for the first time here, with collage cut-ups of Jordan's vocals and luscious synth stabs hugging its lead rhythm. Shaking up the sullen R&B moods of the original single into a high-pressure club edit, Marquis Hawkes helps cheer up the songstress' "Shotgun" with some dance efficacy.
- NewsCheck Out Caribou's 'Essential Mix' for BBC Radio 1
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsStream a New Track from Om Unit's Upcoming EP for Metalheadz
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player