Rochelle Jordan "Shotgun (Marquis Hawkes Remix)"
- Words: Chris Kokiousis
Enigmatic Berlin producer Marquis Hawkes (pictured above) has been releasing quality house music throughout the year—with an upcoming EP for Dixon Avenue Basement Jams on the way—and today we're pleased to share the artist's remix of "Shotgun," by Toronto singer Rochelle Jordan. Originally enlisted to create the remix for Jacques Green's Vase label, the acid-influenced house track is surfacing for the first time here, with collage cut-ups of Jordan's vocals and luscious synth stabs hugging its lead rhythm. Shaking up the sullen R&B moods of the original single into a high-pressure club edit, Marquis Hawkes helps cheer up the songstress' "Shotgun" with some dance efficacy.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player