Wolfey "Samsāra (This World of Death and Radiant Beings)"
Vancouver's Hybridity imprint is set to slip one last release in before 2013 comes to an end, with a forthcoming two-track eponymous EP from hometown DJ/producer Wolfey dropping on November 26. Here, we have the record's b-side cut, "Samsāra (This World of Death and Radiant Beings)," a meditative exercise in lush and patient electronics. Wolfey's elongated tune simmers just above 120 bpm, with waves of string-like chords ducking beneath rounded kick drums—leaving plenty of space for the delicate melodies and precise rhythms the Vancouver producer rotates in and out of focus, and the symbolic, spoken-word samples Wolfey peppers throughout.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player