Wolfey "Samsāra (This World of Death and Radiant Beings)"
Vancouver's Hybridity imprint is set to slip one last release in before 2013 comes to an end, with a forthcoming two-track eponymous EP from hometown DJ/producer Wolfey dropping on November 26. Here, we have the record's b-side cut, "Samsāra (This World of Death and Radiant Beings)," a meditative exercise in lush and patient electronics. Wolfey's elongated tune simmers just above 120 bpm, with waves of string-like chords ducking beneath rounded kick drums—leaving plenty of space for the delicate melodies and precise rhythms the Vancouver producer rotates in and out of focus, and the symbolic, spoken-word samples Wolfey peppers throughout.
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- MP3Clap! Clap! "Ashiko (Lurka Obeah Remix)"
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
XLR8R Downloads Player