Olugbenga "Silver Pixie, Iyawo Mi (Deft's 95 Mix)"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Multi-talented Brighton producer/vocalist Olugbenga explores a host of hybrid electronic concoctions on his Silver Pixie EP (out this week via his own Replica Trophy label), but none with quite the same jungle undercurrent which UK producer Deft manages to lace his remix of "Silver Pixie, Iyawo Mi" with. Still, Deft's rework isn't all brooding mayhem, as he—ahem—deftly laces the track with free-flowing layers of cosmic synthwork and echoes of Olugbenga's original production and vocals. Those interested in hearing "Silver Pixie, Iyawo Mi" in its unaltered form—along with the rest of Olugbenga's five-track Silver Pixie EP, which happens to feature a production from Om Unit—can do so using the player included after the jump.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player