Olugbenga "Silver Pixie, Iyawo Mi (Deft's 95 Mix)"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Multi-talented Brighton producer/vocalist Olugbenga explores a host of hybrid electronic concoctions on his Silver Pixie EP (out this week via his own Replica Trophy label), but none with quite the same jungle undercurrent which UK producer Deft manages to lace his remix of "Silver Pixie, Iyawo Mi" with. Still, Deft's rework isn't all brooding mayhem, as he—ahem—deftly laces the track with free-flowing layers of cosmic synthwork and echoes of Olugbenga's original production and vocals. Those interested in hearing "Silver Pixie, Iyawo Mi" in its unaltered form—along with the rest of Olugbenga's five-track Silver Pixie EP, which happens to feature a production from Om Unit—can do so using the player included after the jump.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsThe Knife Splits, Announces Final Tour Dates
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- NewsHear the Lead Track from Midland's Upcoming EP for Aus
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player