It seems likely that Rory O'Connor's experiences as a touring drummer for Ghostly artists Com Truise and Tycho have influenced his own solo project, Nitemoves. The natural push-and-pull of real drums adds to the inherent funkiness exhibited on "Veaquis," a track from his upcoming full-length, Themes, which is set for release on November 12 via Moodgadget. Layers of calming synths swell from foreground to background and provide ample melodic accompaniment, but the biggest draw of "Veaquis" is in the interaction of a syncopated synth bass and O'Connor's flowing drums. Though the arrangement takes a few quick psychedelic detours, it always finds its way back to a steady, lockstep groove.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player