It seems likely that Rory O'Connor's experiences as a touring drummer for Ghostly artists Com Truise and Tycho have influenced his own solo project, Nitemoves. The natural push-and-pull of real drums adds to the inherent funkiness exhibited on "Veaquis," a track from his upcoming full-length, Themes, which is set for release on November 12 via Moodgadget. Layers of calming synths swell from foreground to background and provide ample melodic accompaniment, but the biggest draw of "Veaquis" is in the interaction of a syncopated synth bass and O'Connor's flowing drums. Though the arrangement takes a few quick psychedelic detours, it always finds its way back to a steady, lockstep groove.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player