Currently based in New Jersey, BD1982 (a.k.a. Brian Durr) has lived in Queens, Philadelphia, Yokohama, and Kyoto over the years, and his productions seem to pull from a similarly disparate set of influences, incorporating everything from dancehall, techno, and '90s rap to many of the more contemporary, bass-heavy styles. In advance of the producer's forthcoming Casings EP—out on October 28 via Durr's own Diskotopia label—we have "Writuals," a spastic cut which harnesses a shattered-glass sample as the focal point to its skittish pace, leaving evergreen 808 rim shots to slink in the background. Once a set of finessed, disembodied pads flow into the mix, the energetic "Writuals" finds a peculiar cohesion and emotional depth which it rides into its closing moments. In addition to this download, Durr has also passed along a sampler of the upcoming Casings EP which can be streamed after the jump.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player