Ahead of the December 2 release of his Bring Down The Walls EP for Osiris, UK producer Killawatt (a.k.a. Matthew Watt) has shared a cut from the record. Opening with a distorted drone which pans from side to side, "1625" lurches toward a ferocious industrial beat. Field-recorded voices and background textures remain constant through the song's slow and mesmerizing shift from boisterous locked grooves to pounding, untamed techno. Killawatt slowly compresses his mix around the drum pattern as it tumbles onto the downbeat, dragging the hollowed-out track to its pressurized conclusion.
- NewsTeebs, Jonwayne, Baths, Daedelus, Ras G and More to Feature in Upcoming LA Beat Scene Documentary
- NewsBen Sims Announces Final Release for Theory, Taps Marcel Dettmann, DVS1, Luke Slater, and Surgeon for Remixes
- MP3Real Cosby "Always (feat. Marilyn Baker)"
- FeatureDrums, DJ Dez, and The D: 10 Things You Need to Know About Andrés
- MP3Dream Koala "Saturn Boy (Kid Smpl Remix)"
XLR8R Downloads Player