Ahead of the December 2 release of his Bring Down The Walls EP for Osiris, UK producer Killawatt (a.k.a. Matthew Watt) has shared a cut from the record. Opening with a distorted drone which pans from side to side, "1625" lurches toward a ferocious industrial beat. Field-recorded voices and background textures remain constant through the song's slow and mesmerizing shift from boisterous locked grooves to pounding, untamed techno. Killawatt slowly compresses his mix around the drum pattern as it tumbles onto the downbeat, dragging the hollowed-out track to its pressurized conclusion.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- FeatureGet Familiar: thePeople
XLR8R Downloads Player