West Norwood Cassette Library "Acid Jazz (Bonus Beats)"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
The prolific and widely varied output of London producer Bob Bhamra (a.k.a. West Norwood Cassette Library, which also serves as the name of the man's forward-thinking imprint) will add another notch to his belt early next month with the 8 Track Cartridge EP. Seeing a release via Hypercolour, the double-12" effort gathers up eight tunes resurrected from the producer's vaults, including "Acid Jazz," the "Bonus Beats" version of which is offered here. Stripped of any melodic or overtly "musical" content, this version of the tune focuses on rhythms which churn with a steady four-on-the-floor and pop with some vintage-striped percussion—making this download a particularly useful tool for just about anyone's DJ arsenal.
- Feature20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- NewsCheck Out Voices from the Lake's Ambient Mix for Beats in Space
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- 20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- Hi-Five - P. Morris Revisits His Roots and Lists His Five Favorite Go-Go Tracks
- A Generous Environment: Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions from patten
- Hi-Five - Kerri Chandler Lists the Five Tracks That Influenced Him the Most
XLR8R Downloads Player