Pezzner "Bell and Whistle"
Today, Seattle techno mainstay Pezzner releases his new LP, Last Night in Utopia, a 15-track effort which showcases the veteran DJ/producer's noted "ability to trapeze between disco, house, and techno." Appearing early on in the record is "Bell and Whistle," a cheeky, tech-minded cut that spends as much time delivering vividly hi-fi sound design as it does cultivating some sophisticated dancefloor vibes. The first half of Pezzner's track is a bit unassuming—light chords methodically build as swirling FX enhance the tunes edges. But after the halfway mark, an ensemble of unwieldy percussion appears, adding to the rhythmic sway of "Bell and Whistle" until it takes the tune surprisingly far off the rails.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player