Certain Creatures "Bosch (James Conduit Remix)"
- Words: Leo Maymind
The name James Conduit might look familiar to some, as the New York producer has logged hours in both Bear in Heaven and School of Seven Bells, bringing with him a focus on sound sculpting and texture. Now, the multi-faceted artist has stepped out on his own with plans for a series of 12" releases during 2014. Before those records start to appear, Conduit is sharing his remix of "Bosch," a track by fellow New Yorker and modular synth obsessive Certain Creatures (a.k.a. Oliver Chapoy) which first appeared on a single for the burgeoning Styles Upon Styles label (artwork above). "Bosch (James Conduit Remix)" uses both an acid-indebted lead and a herky-jerky hi-hat pattern as fodder for its muted, stilted groove. And anyone in the New York area who is itching to hear these warped, playful sounds in a live setting is in luck, as Conduit will join Certain Creatures, Black Rain, and special guests for a show on December 14 at La Sala in Brooklyn.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player