Based in rural Gloucestershire, English beatmaker PSSΠGR (born Jonathan Tonks) has a way with earthy soundscapes. He fuses instrumental hip-hop inclinations with a taste for sprawling post-rock, making Tonks' Breathe EP (out on December 9 via Tape Club) a sort of collage of his influences. Opening with a harp sample soaked in vinyl crackle, the forthcoming record's title track is an atmospheric cut with a decidedly terrestrial slant, one which embodies the kind of lonesome late-night hours that the producer often works through.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player