Based in rural Gloucestershire, English beatmaker PSSΠGR (born Jonathan Tonks) has a way with earthy soundscapes. He fuses instrumental hip-hop inclinations with a taste for sprawling post-rock, making Tonks' Breathe EP (out on December 9 via Tape Club) a sort of collage of his influences. Opening with a harp sample soaked in vinyl crackle, the forthcoming record's title track is an atmospheric cut with a decidedly terrestrial slant, one which embodies the kind of lonesome late-night hours that the producer often works through.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player