Fast Times "Comfort Zone"
Newcomer Jorge Day has logged time behind a synth in the Plastic Flowers band and dabbled in production work, but his new project, Fast Times, is the culmination of a year spent traveling and crafting his own demos. "Comfort Zone," pulled from his recently released Bodytalk cassette for retro-minded LA label 100% Silk, rides a dusty, drum-machine groove as swelling chords and a bouncy bass riff join the mix and a light-hearted synth melody floats above it all in a haze of reverb. Though Day's track might not necessarily set dancefloors ablaze, it will, as its name implies, bring comfort to those seeking some analog warmth during the long winter nights.
- FeatureLocals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- NewsWatch the Wild New Video for "Tsekeleke," Nozinja's First Shangaan Electro Outing for Warp
- NewsDownload New Edits from Karizma
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- NewsDeadboy Streams Full Upcoming 'Return' EP for Numbers
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player