C L N K "Dristor"
Romanian producer Silviu Badea has been crafting hyper, bass-informed cuts as Montgomery Clunk for a while now, but is rebranding his latest work with the abbreviated moniker C L N K, as it finds him going into darker, dub-inspired techno territory. "Dristor"—taken from the forthcoming Black Ecstasy LP (out on December 2 via Error Broadcast)—starts with cavernous bass blasts and ripping static that emerges as a resounding, textural slab of techno meant to overwhelm the senses, but somehow manages to never sound overcrowded. Near the halfway mark, a biting acid synth pierces the murky layers and the piece achieves its final phase in dancefloor metamorphosis.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player