C L N K "Dristor"
Romanian producer Silviu Badea has been crafting hyper, bass-informed cuts as Montgomery Clunk for a while now, but is rebranding his latest work with the abbreviated moniker C L N K, as it finds him going into darker, dub-inspired techno territory. "Dristor"—taken from the forthcoming Black Ecstasy LP (out on December 2 via Error Broadcast)—starts with cavernous bass blasts and ripping static that emerges as a resounding, textural slab of techno meant to overwhelm the senses, but somehow manages to never sound overcrowded. Near the halfway mark, a biting acid synth pierces the murky layers and the piece achieves its final phase in dancefloor metamorphosis.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player