A Theory "Elevens"
Intentionally lacking much detail on his various internet portals, A Theory is a London-based newcomer who is set to drop what appears to be his debut EP early next month via the Zang Tuum Tumb label. Serving as the forthcoming effort's ghostly opening cut, "Elevens" takes a solemn path through dubwise electronics, using dimly lit piano chords and lush synths to create the swelling bed on top of which A Theory constructs the song's intricate and propulsive percussion patterns. With A Theory's first EP set to drop on December 1 (and, from what we can gather, bearing the title One Point One), the impressive "Elevens" is a somewhat haunting introduction to this new UK talent. Those interested in hearing the man's full EP before it drops can do so using the stream included after the jump.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- MP3Shiva "Dark Moon"
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player