A Theory "Elevens"
Intentionally lacking much detail on his various internet portals, A Theory is a London-based newcomer who is set to drop what appears to be his debut EP early next month via the Zang Tuum Tumb label. Serving as the forthcoming effort's ghostly opening cut, "Elevens" takes a solemn path through dubwise electronics, using dimly lit piano chords and lush synths to create the swelling bed on top of which A Theory constructs the song's intricate and propulsive percussion patterns. With A Theory's first EP set to drop on December 1 (and, from what we can gather, bearing the title One Point One), the impressive "Elevens" is a somewhat haunting introduction to this new UK talent. Those interested in hearing the man's full EP before it drops can do so using the stream included after the jump.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player