A Theory "Elevens"
Intentionally lacking much detail on his various internet portals, A Theory is a London-based newcomer who is set to drop what appears to be his debut EP early next month via the Zang Tuum Tumb label. Serving as the forthcoming effort's ghostly opening cut, "Elevens" takes a solemn path through dubwise electronics, using dimly lit piano chords and lush synths to create the swelling bed on top of which A Theory constructs the song's intricate and propulsive percussion patterns. With A Theory's first EP set to drop on December 1 (and, from what we can gather, bearing the title One Point One), the impressive "Elevens" is a somewhat haunting introduction to this new UK talent. Those interested in hearing the man's full EP before it drops can do so using the stream included after the jump.
- NewsCheck Out a Playlist of the Top 100 Paradise Garage Tracks
- NewsCheck Out an 18-Mintue Remix from Ricardo Villalobos and Max Loderbauer
- GearWatch Addison Groove Give an Extensive Tour of His Studio
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- NewsTOBACCO Shares New "Extremely NSFW" Video
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player