Tristesse Contemporaine "Fire (Daniel Maloso Fuego Mix)"
Parisian post-punk trio Tristesse Contemporaine trade in the type of driving, repetitive grooves that are equally indebted to krautrock and disco. The band's latest offering, the five-track Fire EP for fellow French label Record Makers, features the stolid title track with four reworkings, one of which comes from Mexican producer and Cómeme affiliate Daniel Maloso. Maloso, whose XLR8R podcast recently demonstrated his devotion to all things funky, chooses to make minimal alterations to "Fire," and instead strips the track down to its essential elements. The staccato, dry synth chords and looping groove that are left pair with an intimate Spanish vocal to create an entrancing update of classic post-punk sounds.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out Caribou's 'Essential Mix' for BBC Radio 1
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player