Jabru "Glass Floor VIP"
- Words: Chris Kokiousis
Originally the title of a sprawling 2002 mix by dance veteran Tom Middleton, Sound of the Cosmos grew in meaning when Middleton, acid-house artist Richie Rundle, and music writer Joe Muggs curated a successful tent of emerging artists at the now-defunct Big Chill festival in England, leading the trio to host more festival stages under the Sound of the Cosmos title. Their latest expansion of the project is a record label, the first release from which will take the form of a collaborative EP called SOTC001 (artwork above)—featuring fresh cuts from Silkie, Distal, Mite, VVV, Forgold, and UK producer Jabru. Today, the label presents us with a VIP edit of Jabru's contribution, "Glass Floor," and this version revels in thunderous bass and swamped drum & bass breaks that collide in violent, volatile patterns. A sampler of clips taken from SOTC001 can be streamed after the jump.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player