Jabru "Glass Floor VIP"
- Words: Chris Kokiousis
Originally the title of a sprawling 2002 mix by dance veteran Tom Middleton, Sound of the Cosmos grew in meaning when Middleton, acid-house artist Richie Rundle, and music writer Joe Muggs curated a successful tent of emerging artists at the now-defunct Big Chill festival in England, leading the trio to host more festival stages under the Sound of the Cosmos title. Their latest expansion of the project is a record label, the first release from which will take the form of a collaborative EP called SOTC001 (artwork above)—featuring fresh cuts from Silkie, Distal, Mite, VVV, Forgold, and UK producer Jabru. Today, the label presents us with a VIP edit of Jabru's contribution, "Glass Floor," and this version revels in thunderous bass and swamped drum & bass breaks that collide in violent, volatile patterns. A sampler of clips taken from SOTC001 can be streamed after the jump.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player