Jabru "Glass Floor VIP"
- Words: Chris Kokiousis
Originally the title of a sprawling 2002 mix by dance veteran Tom Middleton, Sound of the Cosmos grew in meaning when Middleton, acid-house artist Richie Rundle, and music writer Joe Muggs curated a successful tent of emerging artists at the now-defunct Big Chill festival in England, leading the trio to host more festival stages under the Sound of the Cosmos title. Their latest expansion of the project is a record label, the first release from which will take the form of a collaborative EP called SOTC001 (artwork above)—featuring fresh cuts from Silkie, Distal, Mite, VVV, Forgold, and UK producer Jabru. Today, the label presents us with a VIP edit of Jabru's contribution, "Glass Floor," and this version revels in thunderous bass and swamped drum & bass breaks that collide in violent, volatile patterns. A sampler of clips taken from SOTC001 can be streamed after the jump.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsThe Knife Splits, Announces Final Tour Dates
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- NewsHieroglyphic Being Announces New LP for Planet Mu
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player