Jabru "Glass Floor VIP"
- Words: Chris Kokiousis
Originally the title of a sprawling 2002 mix by dance veteran Tom Middleton, Sound of the Cosmos grew in meaning when Middleton, acid-house artist Richie Rundle, and music writer Joe Muggs curated a successful tent of emerging artists at the now-defunct Big Chill festival in England, leading the trio to host more festival stages under the Sound of the Cosmos title. Their latest expansion of the project is a record label, the first release from which will take the form of a collaborative EP called SOTC001 (artwork above)—featuring fresh cuts from Silkie, Distal, Mite, VVV, Forgold, and UK producer Jabru. Today, the label presents us with a VIP edit of Jabru's contribution, "Glass Floor," and this version revels in thunderous bass and swamped drum & bass breaks that collide in violent, volatile patterns. A sampler of clips taken from SOTC001 can be streamed after the jump.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player