Hugo Frederick "Hanging Gardens"
Last year, Melbourne producer Hugo Frederick was profiled as one of the the winners of Warp's and Bleep's Filtered competition, a contest in which unsigned electronic musicians submitted music in hopes of being discovered by the seminal label and selected to appear on a digital compilation of the best entries. Since winning the competition, Frederick has signed to the Plastic World imprint, and is set to unveil his Waved EP for the label early next year. "Hanging Gardens" serves as a teaser of the release, and sees Frederick exploring aquatic textures and movements which skip and weave over buoyant toms and autumnal synth pads. The production is full of bubbling builds which develop into pressurized bursts of interlocking melodic passages.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player