It was only a few weeks ago that we offered the warped and sinewy "Blacklight" from Victoria producer okpk, so its fitting that we've now been treated to a similarly immersive track from his Low Indigo labelmate Kline. The sluggish tempo of "Heartless," taken from the Vancouver producer's Mirror EP, highlights the low-end girth of the tune's submerged synth pads and heartbeat-like pulse, and draws the listener in close. And once our interest is piqued, Kline goes for broke, introducing a sweeping white noise transition and a squealing, resonant synthline that brings the tension of "Heartless" to soaring heights.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player