Gardland "Horse Cloud"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
After releasing its impressive debut full-length, Syndrome Syndrome, via the RVNG label yesterday, Australian duo Gardland has sent over this exclusive cut which never made it onto the outfit's first LP of techno explorations. Anchored by a thudding four-on-the-floor, "Horse Cloud" indulges in multiple layers of free-range electronics, sifting through lattices of filtered synth sequences, ethereal pads, and sparse helpings of rhythmic FX. The result is a track that—much like the pair's debut album—strikes an intriguing balance between techno built for dancefloor form and techno as a base for experimental sonic expeditions.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player