Gardland "Horse Cloud"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
After releasing its impressive debut full-length, Syndrome Syndrome, via the RVNG label yesterday, Australian duo Gardland has sent over this exclusive cut which never made it onto the outfit's first LP of techno explorations. Anchored by a thudding four-on-the-floor, "Horse Cloud" indulges in multiple layers of free-range electronics, sifting through lattices of filtered synth sequences, ethereal pads, and sparse helpings of rhythmic FX. The result is a track that—much like the pair's debut album—strikes an intriguing balance between techno built for dancefloor form and techno as a base for experimental sonic expeditions.
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsListen to a New Mix from Lucrecia Dalt
XLR8R Downloads Player