Gardland "Horse Cloud"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
After releasing its impressive debut full-length, Syndrome Syndrome, via the RVNG label yesterday, Australian duo Gardland has sent over this exclusive cut which never made it onto the outfit's first LP of techno explorations. Anchored by a thudding four-on-the-floor, "Horse Cloud" indulges in multiple layers of free-range electronics, sifting through lattices of filtered synth sequences, ethereal pads, and sparse helpings of rhythmic FX. The result is a track that—much like the pair's debut album—strikes an intriguing balance between techno built for dancefloor form and techno as a base for experimental sonic expeditions.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player