Gardland "Horse Cloud"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
After releasing its impressive debut full-length, Syndrome Syndrome, via the RVNG label yesterday, Australian duo Gardland has sent over this exclusive cut which never made it onto the outfit's first LP of techno explorations. Anchored by a thudding four-on-the-floor, "Horse Cloud" indulges in multiple layers of free-range electronics, sifting through lattices of filtered synth sequences, ethereal pads, and sparse helpings of rhythmic FX. The result is a track that—much like the pair's debut album—strikes an intriguing balance between techno built for dancefloor form and techno as a base for experimental sonic expeditions.
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- PodcastFrankie Knuckles
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Robert Hood, Tycho, Jacques Greene, and More
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player