Pyrénées "Jungle Exchange (Murder He Wrote Remix)"
- Words: DeForrest Brown
As Pyrénées, South London producer Jeremias Carroza (pictured above) makes music that explores the ideas and elements of nature and geography through dance music. "Jungle Exchange" is one of his latest excursions, one which is set to appear as one of two track on a 12" for the Numerology label next month, and has been remixed by roster mate Murder He Wrote. The Brighton producer's version of "Jungle Exchange" is a full-throttle bass track with aquatic sounds streaming over sunset-hued synth tones and straighthead dance grooves. It rides the uptempo patterns of pitched percussion alongside throbbing bass and misty melodies straight through to the end of its six-minute journey. Pyrénées' original "Jungle Exchange" can be streamed in full after the jump.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player