Robot Koch "Jupiter"
- Words: DeForrest Brown
Berlin-based producer Robot Koch has always moved around the edges of genre, and with his upcoming Unpaved record, he intends to expand those margins. Working in collaboration with director Lukas Feigelfeld (who directed Robot Koch's very own "Autodreams" video), Robot Koch made a short film inspired by the mytholgoical god Pan "in which the music and the images are equally important." Though it didn't make it onto Unpaved's forthcoming soundtrack release (arriving December 2 via Project: Mooncircle), the earthy and atmospheric "Jupiter" does nonetheless appear in the film. Tectonic sub wobbles shift underneath harp sounds, as the track inhales and exhales the vinyl crackle which engulfs the quick-tempoed cymbals and melodic core. Slowly unraveling over the course of its five-minute runtime, Robot Koch's bubbling "Jupiter" feels massive.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player