Robot Koch "Jupiter"
- Words: DeForrest Brown
Berlin-based producer Robot Koch has always moved around the edges of genre, and with his upcoming Unpaved record, he intends to expand those margins. Working in collaboration with director Lukas Feigelfeld (who directed Robot Koch's very own "Autodreams" video), Robot Koch made a short film inspired by the mytholgoical god Pan "in which the music and the images are equally important." Though it didn't make it onto Unpaved's forthcoming soundtrack release (arriving December 2 via Project: Mooncircle), the earthy and atmospheric "Jupiter" does nonetheless appear in the film. Tectonic sub wobbles shift underneath harp sounds, as the track inhales and exhales the vinyl crackle which engulfs the quick-tempoed cymbals and melodic core. Slowly unraveling over the course of its five-minute runtime, Robot Koch's bubbling "Jupiter" feels massive.
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsListen to a New Mix from Lucrecia Dalt
XLR8R Downloads Player