Robot Koch "Jupiter"
- Words: DeForrest Brown
Berlin-based producer Robot Koch has always moved around the edges of genre, and with his upcoming Unpaved record, he intends to expand those margins. Working in collaboration with director Lukas Feigelfeld (who directed Robot Koch's very own "Autodreams" video), Robot Koch made a short film inspired by the mytholgoical god Pan "in which the music and the images are equally important." Though it didn't make it onto Unpaved's forthcoming soundtrack release (arriving December 2 via Project: Mooncircle), the earthy and atmospheric "Jupiter" does nonetheless appear in the film. Tectonic sub wobbles shift underneath harp sounds, as the track inhales and exhales the vinyl crackle which engulfs the quick-tempoed cymbals and melodic core. Slowly unraveling over the course of its five-minute runtime, Robot Koch's bubbling "Jupiter" feels massive.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player