Robot Koch "Jupiter"
- Words: DeForrest Brown
Berlin-based producer Robot Koch has always moved around the edges of genre, and with his upcoming Unpaved record, he intends to expand those margins. Working in collaboration with director Lukas Feigelfeld (who directed Robot Koch's very own "Autodreams" video), Robot Koch made a short film inspired by the mytholgoical god Pan "in which the music and the images are equally important." Though it didn't make it onto Unpaved's forthcoming soundtrack release (arriving December 2 via Project: Mooncircle), the earthy and atmospheric "Jupiter" does nonetheless appear in the film. Tectonic sub wobbles shift underneath harp sounds, as the track inhales and exhales the vinyl crackle which engulfs the quick-tempoed cymbals and melodic core. Slowly unraveling over the course of its five-minute runtime, Robot Koch's bubbling "Jupiter" feels massive.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player