Chits "Looking So Good (Mess Kid Remix)"
On his recently released Custom Hype EP for Astro Nautico, Pennsylvania-based producer Chits has crafted a signature sound out of techno/hip-hop hybrids that rely on slowly unraveling emotive melodies. This remix of his "Looking So Good" tune by Mess Kid (pictured above) stretches that formula out over an increasingly active beat. Sliding drum and vocal patterns intertwine and break apart before a spongey kick establishes the production's consistent bottom end. Mess Kid explores the spaces between each instrument in his remix, breaking down the track into a submerged house cut before finally rushing toward a robust finish.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player