Chits "Looking So Good (Mess Kid Remix)"
On his recently released Custom Hype EP for Astro Nautico, Pennsylvania-based producer Chits has crafted a signature sound out of techno/hip-hop hybrids that rely on slowly unraveling emotive melodies. This remix of his "Looking So Good" tune by Mess Kid (pictured above) stretches that formula out over an increasingly active beat. Sliding drum and vocal patterns intertwine and break apart before a spongey kick establishes the production's consistent bottom end. Mess Kid explores the spaces between each instrument in his remix, breaking down the track into a submerged house cut before finally rushing toward a robust finish.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- MP3Line Idle "Woodblock (Automatic Tasty Remix)"
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player