Chits "Looking So Good (Mess Kid Remix)"
On his recently released Custom Hype EP for Astro Nautico, Pennsylvania-based producer Chits has crafted a signature sound out of techno/hip-hop hybrids that rely on slowly unraveling emotive melodies. This remix of his "Looking So Good" tune by Mess Kid (pictured above) stretches that formula out over an increasingly active beat. Sliding drum and vocal patterns intertwine and break apart before a spongey kick establishes the production's consistent bottom end. Mess Kid explores the spaces between each instrument in his remix, breaking down the track into a submerged house cut before finally rushing toward a robust finish.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
XLR8R Downloads Player