Pyrenees "Natural Environments (We Like Turtles Remix)"
- Words: Chris Kokiousis
London-based tunesmith Pyrenees (a.k.a. Jeremias Carroza, originally born in Barcelona) currently works as a visual researcher in the city, and the artist's historically aware style draws heavily on past house signifiers to inform its shiny future visions. Now available via his Bandcamp, Carroza's Geographics EP harnesses a palette of pastel synths and lightly flitting rhythms to achieve a tranquil, zen state not unlike the sound Lone has been working with the past few years. Fellow Spaniards We Like Turtles offer a throwback take to EP cut "Natural Environments," which gets trigger-happy for hyped vocal samples, laying buttery low-end synths around a sharp, celebratory house rhythm.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player