Hejira "Pinter (Hello Skinny Remix)"
Most remixes aim to present a song in a new light while still keeping something from the original intact, but sometimes, the most unique results come about from completely disregarding the source material. Such is the case with UK producer Hello Skinny's remix of "Pinter," a track taken from Prayer Before Birth, the Matthew Herbert-produced record from idiosyncratic London four-piece Hijera. While the band's version of the song is a kaleidoscopic stew of tribal drums, angular guitars, and delicate male/female vocals, Hello Skinny does away with much of the track's meaty center—instead creating a warped and dark backbone to lay his processed loop against. The beat rolls along in stumbling, static-fueled entropy, as Hello Skinny shows that it's possible to create something completely new even with the most universal ingredients.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player