Connect_icut "Port Shale"
Vancouver-based producer Connect_icut creates experimental sound collages that harness glitchy texture and seemingly endless drones for modern compositional aims. "Port Shale"—taken from the artist's forthcoming LP for Aagoo's REV. Lab series, Crows & Kittiwakes Wheel & Come Again (out on December 4)—builds on a strobing sample refrain that whirrs along as ripples of piercing feedback ebb and flow at varying depths. Without conventional rhythms or a percussive foundation, Connect_icut's hypnotic refrain assumes rhythmic duties for the distorted shapes to follow and weave around, resulting in a deliberate piece that keeps to its peculiar logic.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player