Connect_icut "Port Shale"
Vancouver-based producer Connect_icut creates experimental sound collages that harness glitchy texture and seemingly endless drones for modern compositional aims. "Port Shale"—taken from the artist's forthcoming LP for Aagoo's REV. Lab series, Crows & Kittiwakes Wheel & Come Again (out on December 4)—builds on a strobing sample refrain that whirrs along as ripples of piercing feedback ebb and flow at varying depths. Without conventional rhythms or a percussive foundation, Connect_icut's hypnotic refrain assumes rhythmic duties for the distorted shapes to follow and weave around, resulting in a deliberate piece that keeps to its peculiar logic.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player