Connect_icut "Port Shale"
Vancouver-based producer Connect_icut creates experimental sound collages that harness glitchy texture and seemingly endless drones for modern compositional aims. "Port Shale"—taken from the artist's forthcoming LP for Aagoo's REV. Lab series, Crows & Kittiwakes Wheel & Come Again (out on December 4)—builds on a strobing sample refrain that whirrs along as ripples of piercing feedback ebb and flow at varying depths. Without conventional rhythms or a percussive foundation, Connect_icut's hypnotic refrain assumes rhythmic duties for the distorted shapes to follow and weave around, resulting in a deliberate piece that keeps to its peculiar logic.
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player