Jensen Sportag "Rain Code (Fennesz Remix)"
- Words: DeForrest Brown
Nashville synth-pop/R&B project Jensen Sportag has a knack for expanding the boundaries of typical radio-friendly sounds beyond their proportions. All of the tracks on the duo's brand-new Stealth of Days LP for Cascine deal with personal connections to their surroundings and retro-pop signifiers. And that includes early single "Rain Code," which veteran Austrian artist Fennesz twists into bubbling textures and gaseous harmonies here. Jensen Sportag's music may have an attachment to certain places, but "Rain Code (Fennesz Remix)" steals away those sounds in a cloud of his own sentiment.
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsListen to a New Mix from Lucrecia Dalt
XLR8R Downloads Player