Jensen Sportag "Rain Code (Fennesz Remix)"
- Words: DeForrest Brown
Nashville synth-pop/R&B project Jensen Sportag has a knack for expanding the boundaries of typical radio-friendly sounds beyond their proportions. All of the tracks on the duo's brand-new Stealth of Days LP for Cascine deal with personal connections to their surroundings and retro-pop signifiers. And that includes early single "Rain Code," which veteran Austrian artist Fennesz twists into bubbling textures and gaseous harmonies here. Jensen Sportag's music may have an attachment to certain places, but "Rain Code (Fennesz Remix)" steals away those sounds in a cloud of his own sentiment.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player