Tom Encore "The Roach (Deft Remix)"
After a brief hiatus, London label Concrete Cut will relaunch early next month with the five-track Broadband EP from Polish producer/DJ Tom Encore (pictured above). Alongside Encore's two original tracks for the effort will be a trio of remixes, including this menacing production courtesy of Croydon's Deft. Though he keeps things very much heavy-handed, Deft replaces the garage skip of Encore's original tune with a never-ending array of shape-shifting percussion. The switch keeps the remix at a breakneck pace while also showcasing both Deft's ability to create brooding sonic force and his keen sense for textural ambience. This extra-strength rework should fit nicely alongside those from Kodiak and Bambooman, which are also set to appear on the Broadband EP when it drops on December 2. In the meantime, a preview of the forthcoming record (including its remixes) can be streamed after the jump.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player