Just released by New York-based producer Feral is the five-track Haymaker EP, proof that there is still plenty of room for fresh voices in bass music. "Rollercoaster," a cut pulled from that release, is as exactly as gut-wrenching as the name implies; Feral runs a Middle Eastern-referencing sample through the grinder and splashes the results over a grimey bass riff that bounces around the room like a hungry panther. The beat weaves in and out of the production methodically, creating a tension-filled track with the type of low-end you need to feel to understand.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player