Dug out from the nearly lost files of an "old, forgotten computer" are the nine tracks which make up the forthcoming mini-album from Applescal, From A to Sea. One of the tunes crafted by the Dutch producer between 2008 and 2012, "Screams" is a particularly lush and sprawling cut which would have felt right at home on Dreaming in Key, Applescal's most recent full-length effort released via his own Atomnation imprint earlier this year. The production presents its grainy textures, smoldering melodies, and other rich sonic layers atop an IDM-indebted shuffle, landing the track somewhere along the lines of a more stoney Clark or a subterranean M83 (during his instrumental days, of course). "Screams" and eight other recently recovered tracks from Applescal's archives can be found on From A to Sea when it drops on December 9.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player