Markus Guentner "Shadows of the City"
Ambient electronic artist Markus Guentner approaches his work from dream-pop, drone, and experimental angles, and on his next release, Shadows of the City (out on November 26 via Moodgadget), the German producer strives to elucidate the slow processes of the natural world through sound. The title track's glacial pads gradually simmer to a boiling point, where a four-to-the-floor pulse takes control, gliding the celestial layers of chords to new heights. With a pace and sound palette reminiscent of The Field and a shoegaze-inspired approach to production, "Shadows of the City"'s 12 minutes seem to blow by as one captured moment.
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player