Markus Guentner "Shadows of the City"
Ambient electronic artist Markus Guentner approaches his work from dream-pop, drone, and experimental angles, and on his next release, Shadows of the City (out on November 26 via Moodgadget), the German producer strives to elucidate the slow processes of the natural world through sound. The title track's glacial pads gradually simmer to a boiling point, where a four-to-the-floor pulse takes control, gliding the celestial layers of chords to new heights. With a pace and sound palette reminiscent of The Field and a shoegaze-inspired approach to production, "Shadows of the City"'s 12 minutes seem to blow by as one captured moment.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player