Markus Guentner "Shadows of the City"
Ambient electronic artist Markus Guentner approaches his work from dream-pop, drone, and experimental angles, and on his next release, Shadows of the City (out on November 26 via Moodgadget), the German producer strives to elucidate the slow processes of the natural world through sound. The title track's glacial pads gradually simmer to a boiling point, where a four-to-the-floor pulse takes control, gliding the celestial layers of chords to new heights. With a pace and sound palette reminiscent of The Field and a shoegaze-inspired approach to production, "Shadows of the City"'s 12 minutes seem to blow by as one captured moment.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsSBTRKT Announces 'Transitions' 12" Series; Stream All Six Tracks Now
- GearAllen & Heath Introduces Xone:23C DJ Mixer
- Feature20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- 20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- Hi-Five - P. Morris Revisits His Roots and Lists His Five Favorite Go-Go Tracks
- A Generous Environment: Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions from patten
- Hi-Five - Kerri Chandler Lists the Five Tracks That Influenced Him the Most
XLR8R Downloads Player