Deniro "As Simple As That"
- Words: Leo Maymind
As we mentioned in our recent recap of the annual Amsterdam Dance Event, the Dutch capital clearly has no shortage of music fans that will eat up anything served to them on an EDM platter, but that's not to say the city's vital underground is lacking in individuality. One such example is Tape, a label run by three friends with a hankering for doing things their own way. They've so far kept their focus on local producers, and each release comes packaged with silkscreened artwork created by their in-house designers. "As Simple As That," a new track by label co-founder Reynier Hooft, who records analog-fueled tracks under the name Deniro, combines a vintage drum-machine beat with a clean, quick-running arpeggio. Italo-influenced strings hover overhead before a second acid-lite melody pokes through, demonstrating Hooft's clear predilection for classic timbres. "As Simple As That" is a refreshing take on home production, as well as a reminder that sometimes it's best to ignore current trends and focus on your own unique inspirations.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player