Janka Nabay "Somebody (Snasen Remix)"
- Words: Leo Maymind
We last heard from upstart Oslo producer Snasen on his reworking of Solar Year's "Magic Idea," and he's now resurfaced with this remix of "Somebody," a track taken from Sierra Leonean Janka Nabay's mystical album En Yay Sah. Snasen—who has a debut full-length due to arrive via Sellout! early next year—has a way of transforming straightforward source material into swirling, crystalline bits of sound, as he throws Nabay's vocals into an echo chamber and surrounds it with a bubbling synth swell and chirping lead riffs. It's far removed from the driving, percussion-focused arrangement of the original tune, but the producer's spacey arrangement of "Somebody (Snasen Remix)" feels natural nonetheless.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player