MAST "The Waters (feat. Jeremiah Jae)"
Southern California label Alpha Pup has long been at the forefront in promoting fresh, forward-thinking artists, and Philadelphia-raised LA producer MAST (a.k.a. Tim Conley) is no exception. "The Waters (feat. Jeremiah Jae)" is the first taste of Conley's debut full-length, OMNI (out on January 28), wherein jazzy chords mix with a shuffling beat and manipulated vocals before the arrangement clutters up with digital ephemera. A wonky guitar solo enters and exits abruptly before Brainfeeder/Warp affiliate Jeremiah Jae pops up halfway through the track, laying down a slew of absurdist rhymes. The tune makes for a uniquely perplexing introduction to the world of MAST before he heads out on a brief tour of the East Coast and drops his LP, the artwork and tracklist of which can be found after the jump.
2. The Waters (featuring Jeremiah Jae)
5. Dark Matter
6. Ghost (featuring Low Leaf)
8. Red (featuring Anna Wise)
10. Until You Are Sound (featuring RYAT)
12. The Great Wave
13. Solar Sail
15. Wail Song
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
- Hi-Five - DJ Q Reminisces About His Five Favorite UK Garage Bootlegs
XLR8R Downloads Player