Carlotek & Rasingtheroof "Donna"
On its latest 4x4 EP collection, the 1980 label offers up four new tunes from the techier side of house, including this sleek workout from budding Londoners Carlotek and Raisingtheroof. Focusing on a set of descending chord stabs for most of its six-plus-minute run, "Donna" is a calm, collected dance tune, but not one afraid to venture into percussion-heavy breaks or unexpected moments of refracted vocal processing. And even then, Carlotek and Raisingtheroof never take their eyes off the prize: the low-end bump which makes the pair's tribal-laced track ideal for steamy dancefloors.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player