Carlotek & Rasingtheroof "Donna"
On its latest 4x4 EP collection, the 1980 label offers up four new tunes from the techier side of house, including this sleek workout from budding Londoners Carlotek and Raisingtheroof. Focusing on a set of descending chord stabs for most of its six-plus-minute run, "Donna" is a calm, collected dance tune, but not one afraid to venture into percussion-heavy breaks or unexpected moments of refracted vocal processing. And even then, Carlotek and Raisingtheroof never take their eyes off the prize: the low-end bump which makes the pair's tribal-laced track ideal for steamy dancefloors.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player