Rachael Boyd "Go Backwards Now! (Little People Remix)"
The work of UK electro-acoustic artist Rachael Boyd is firmly steeped in her understanding of the post-classical tradition, as she appropriates tempered orchestral samples and structures across formatted beats. With her latest single "Go Backwards Now!" (available to stream here), her production has shifted into more warped and mesmerizing territory. Supporting Boyd's original production is a remix by London producer Little People, who turns the plaintive piece into a bubbling track full of snaps and clicks. This version seems as if it's breathing, as sandy percussion crowds the squishy, swelling pads while the downtempo tune wanders around organic textures lifted from the original composition.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player