Rachael Boyd "Go Backwards Now! (Little People Remix)"
The work of UK electro-acoustic artist Rachael Boyd is firmly steeped in her understanding of the post-classical tradition, as she appropriates tempered orchestral samples and structures across formatted beats. With her latest single "Go Backwards Now!" (available to stream here), her production has shifted into more warped and mesmerizing territory. Supporting Boyd's original production is a remix by London producer Little People, who turns the plaintive piece into a bubbling track full of snaps and clicks. This version seems as if it's breathing, as sandy percussion crowds the squishy, swelling pads while the downtempo tune wanders around organic textures lifted from the original composition.
- NewsCheck Out a Playlist of the Top 100 Paradise Garage Tracks
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- NewsCheck Out an 18-Mintue Remix from Ricardo Villalobos and Max Loderbauer
- GearWatch Addison Groove Give an Extensive Tour of His Studio
- NewsTOBACCO Shares New "Extremely NSFW" Video
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player