Rachael Boyd "Go Backwards Now! (Little People Remix)"
The work of UK electro-acoustic artist Rachael Boyd is firmly steeped in her understanding of the post-classical tradition, as she appropriates tempered orchestral samples and structures across formatted beats. With her latest single "Go Backwards Now!" (available to stream here), her production has shifted into more warped and mesmerizing territory. Supporting Boyd's original production is a remix by London producer Little People, who turns the plaintive piece into a bubbling track full of snaps and clicks. This version seems as if it's breathing, as sandy percussion crowds the squishy, swelling pads while the downtempo tune wanders around organic textures lifted from the original composition.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player