Rachael Boyd "Go Backwards Now! (Little People Remix)"
The work of UK electro-acoustic artist Rachael Boyd is firmly steeped in her understanding of the post-classical tradition, as she appropriates tempered orchestral samples and structures across formatted beats. With her latest single "Go Backwards Now!" (available to stream here), her production has shifted into more warped and mesmerizing territory. Supporting Boyd's original production is a remix by London producer Little People, who turns the plaintive piece into a bubbling track full of snaps and clicks. This version seems as if it's breathing, as sandy percussion crowds the squishy, swelling pads while the downtempo tune wanders around organic textures lifted from the original composition.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player