Derek Piotr "Intersection of Rivers"
It's been a while since we've heard from Derek Piotr, a Polish-born, New England-based prodcuer who is continually taking on new forms in his electronic compositions. "Intersection of Rivers," a tune pulled from Piotr's forthcoming Tempatempat LP (out early next year), introduces the latest evolution in the man's one-of-a-kind sound, which aims to "construct deeply layered and largely complex song-based tracks." Still, it's hard not to hear Piotr's past as an audio collagist in "Intersection of Rivers," as the production's lead bell melody is joined by thick layers of fuzzy rumbling and the increasing echoes of refracted vocal samples across its brief, but immersive, runtime. Before the Tempatempat LP sees a release next year, its artwork and tracklist are included after the jump.
7. Thicket of Light-Needles
9. Intersection of Rivers
11. Slow March
14. Encloses (Steve Roden Remix)
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player