- Words: Chris Kokiousis
The Chemistry—a nascent French publication covering music, visual art, and fashion—is celebrating its second birthday with a curated compilation of bass-informed sounds, titled LITHIUM, which will drop on December 8. Dublin producer Clu's cameo, "Jade," pairs a highly melodic, arpeggiated synth squiggle with an evasive drum pattern that seems to operate in multiple, simultaneous time signatures. Around the halfway mark, the cut relaxes into a slightly more comfortable rhythm, as disembodied voices shout through the unquantized drum spasms and keyboard glides before finally coming to a rest.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player