- Words: Chris Kokiousis
The Chemistry—a nascent French publication covering music, visual art, and fashion—is celebrating its second birthday with a curated compilation of bass-informed sounds, titled LITHIUM, which will drop on December 8. Dublin producer Clu's cameo, "Jade," pairs a highly melodic, arpeggiated synth squiggle with an evasive drum pattern that seems to operate in multiple, simultaneous time signatures. Around the halfway mark, the cut relaxes into a slightly more comfortable rhythm, as disembodied voices shout through the unquantized drum spasms and keyboard glides before finally coming to a rest.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsSpectral Sound Announces New EP from Patricia; Hear a Track Now
- MP3HolloH "Laying Awake"
- MP3Liar "Key Party (Spurz 'Key Bump' Edit)"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player