- Words: Chris Kokiousis
The Chemistry—a nascent French publication covering music, visual art, and fashion—is celebrating its second birthday with a curated compilation of bass-informed sounds, titled LITHIUM, which will drop on December 8. Dublin producer Clu's cameo, "Jade," pairs a highly melodic, arpeggiated synth squiggle with an evasive drum pattern that seems to operate in multiple, simultaneous time signatures. Around the halfway mark, the cut relaxes into a slightly more comfortable rhythm, as disembodied voices shout through the unquantized drum spasms and keyboard glides before finally coming to a rest.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player