Headlock "Love Obscene"
- Words: Chris Kokiousis
New York-based producer Lou DiBenedetto (a.k.a. Headlock) follows up his self-titled debut—from which we shared the wistful cut "High Beams" as a free download—with an ambient edit of Janet Jackson's "Love Scene (Ooh Baby)" single from 2001. Dedicated to his "sweetheart" Total Freedom, "Love Obscene" is a breathy, reverb-drenched take on Jackson's sensual original song, which smears the vocals and percussion together in a celestial haze of synth pads.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player