Headlock "Love Obscene"
- Words: Chris Kokiousis
New York-based producer Lou DiBenedetto (a.k.a. Headlock) follows up his self-titled debut—from which we shared the wistful cut "High Beams" as a free download—with an ambient edit of Janet Jackson's "Love Scene (Ooh Baby)" single from 2001. Dedicated to his "sweetheart" Total Freedom, "Love Obscene" is a breathy, reverb-drenched take on Jackson's sensual original song, which smears the vocals and percussion together in a celestial haze of synth pads.
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- FeaturePachanga, Pantha du Prince, and a Japanese Drone Dance: 10 Reasons We Loved MUTEK.MX 2014
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
XLR8R Downloads Player