Lifted from German beatmaker Doshy's forthcoming Hijacked EP, "Malfunction" condenses together a heavy amalgam of electro and dubstep tropes. The maximal dancefloor cut hangs onto dense base tones, flurries of 32-bit phasers, and punchy toms as high-register clicks accentuate the chrome-tinted pad swells and even out the track's heavier undertones. The rest of Doshy's cyber-themed record is set to drop on December 15 via Saturate, but before then, a teaser for the record can be heard after the jump.
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsListen to a New Mix from Lucrecia Dalt
XLR8R Downloads Player